Principles of the Foundation:
- The Foundation is not aligned with any individuals or organisations, the entire force of its work is to recognize and support young people from the UK on the threshold of their career or who have already begun a professional career.
- The Foundation will be looking for individual young artists not only with talent but with outstanding focus, drive and initative.
- The Foundation will offer funding for specific and agreed use as discussed with each recipient. Exceptional individuals may receive the Foundation's support on more than one occasion; this would be achieved by results and commitment.
- The Foundation will seek to finance educational programs and work in progress.
The Foundation is determined to keep its operational costs to a minimum to ensure that the highest possible proportion of the funds raised is applied directly to the talented persons whom the Foundation wishes to support.
- Funding decisions will be made annually in the last quarter of the year.
- The Funding will be agreed by a panel of 3 Judges which will vary from year to year. Mr Terfel will chair the panel which will mean it will not be possible to have a set date as arrangements will have to be made to fit in with Mr Terfel's busy schedule.
- The Foundation may award funding to more than one applicant per annum.
- Applications are invited from Singers, Instrumentalists, Conductors, Composers, Artists please send CV, Letters of Recommendation, Demo CD, DVD or Portfolio of work to: Marilyn Henry, The Bryn Terfel Foundation, 53, Brynteg, Rhiwbina, Cardiff CF14 6 TU email: email@example.com.